Thank you for your interest in employment at SHA.
Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls. Founded in 1865 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the school has been lay-owned and governed since 1969. Sacred Heart has a strong tradition of excellence in education as envisioned by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat.
Sacred Heart Academy, is part of a national network of 24 independent schools located in North America which share a common heritage and vision. There are more than 120 Sacred Heart schools around the world providing an international campus for our students at Bryn Mawr through exchange programs, summer workshops, service opportunities and use of the Sofie Network.
For more than 150 years in Philadelphia, the goals of Sacred Heart’s educational program have remained the same: to produce self-confident women, to provide a challenging intellectual education, to develop a love of God, and to create a desire to help others. A holistic approach to learning seeks to respond to the academic, athletic, aesthetic, spiritual, social and emotional needs of each girl with a curriculum that is well grounded in basic and specialized courses.
The school is a Catholic school with a tradition of ecumenism, welcoming the enrichment that students and faculty of all faiths offer. By its religious education program, the school seeks to foster open-mindedness and reverence for differences.
In 1978, Sacred Heart moved from Overbrook to Bryn Mawr where it continues to root its academic program in the liberal arts and to empower young women to develop their potential as scholars and leaders.
Director of Enrollment Management
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Director will:
- Process the applicant’s required admissions materials and share them with the appropriate committees for evaluation.
- Work with the Director of Studies coordinating enrolled student files.
- Work with the business office with all enrollment logistics including contracts and deposits. Collaborate on changes to the enrollment contracts.
- Serve on the Advancement Committee for the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the financial aid process.
- Work closely with the Communications Director to develop a marketing strategy that relays Sacred Heart's mission to prospective parents and students.
- Organize and coordinate the parent and student ambassadors program in order to promote Sacred Heart to prospective families.
- Schedule all visits from prospective families, including student visits.
- Interview parents and students, and provide tours of the campus.
- Organize open houses throughout the school year.
- Represent Sacred Heart at school fairs.
- Act as a liaison to A Better Chance program.
- Coordinate the administering of the 6th and 9th grade scholarship/entrance exams and communicate the final decisions.
- Manage the re-enrollment process for current students for the succeeding year.
- Maintain attrition/retention records.
- Maintain the admissions database.
- Master’s degree in educational administration/curriculum, or a related field, preferred.
- Educational professional with at least five years’ experience teaching or administration.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Education Edge a plus.
- Exceptional administrative, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all constituencies, including administration, faculty, parents and students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced school environment.
- An educational philosophy consistent with the mission of Sacred Heart Academy.
Salary/Benefits:Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt, salaried position with benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Assistant to Head of School, Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr
Upper School Director
The Upper School Director has a critical role in the leadership of the Upper School to facilitate student success academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. The Director will be expected to run effectively the day-to-day operations as well as set and implement goals and objectives needed for student and institutional success. Frequent and consistent communication with all members of the Sacred Heart community is of paramount importance. The Director will serve on the school’s leadership team and will work collaboratively with all school administrators to advance the institution. The Director reports to the Head of School. The Director should embody, manifest and advocate the mission of the school as presented in the Goals and Criteria of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Upper School Director:
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Director of Studies and the School Counselor to lead and direct the Upper School. While the Director will be primarily focused on student life, the position requires a team player who will work collaboratively to manage and serve both the academic needs and the student life of the school.
- Focuses on student life in the school; managing activities including, but not limited to, Student Council, dances, clubs and class activities.
- Works closely with faculty moderators who manage exchange, service, leadership among other areas.
- Coordinates co-curricular/extra-curricular activities. Plans or assists with organizing assembly programs, retreats and special activities. Supports homeroom and club moderators and assists in planning field trips and international trips.
- Supports the spiritual life of the school, planning liturgies as well as reflections among other activities.
- Oversees student conduct and maintains student discipline; addresses rule infractions; educates students, parents and faculty about school uniform expectations; maintains correspondence with parents and concerned parties.
- Serves on the school’s administrative team that coordinates all-school activities as well as Upper School activities throughout the year.
- Facilitates communication among faculty, students and parents, including a weekly e-newsletter.
- Ensures the health and safety of students on campus.
- Prepares and maintains the student life budget.
- Develops and implements the Student Handbook.
- Serves on the Upper School Admissions Committee and develops strategies to recruit and to ensure retention of students.
- Coordinates, with faculty, new student orientation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employment begins – July 1, 2018
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in education or school administration preferred
- Five to seven years’ experience as a lead teacher; two to three years’ experience as an administrative leader, preferably in independent schools
- Proven success at working collaboratively in educational leadership
- Dynamic educator with a solid understanding of the developmental and curricular needs of Upper School girls
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker and empathetic problem solver
- Technologically savvy; strong time management skills
- Possesses a good sense of humor, even temperament, sensitive to students’ needs but with a good sense of boundaries
- Approachable, collaborative, inclusive in style
- An educational philosophy consistent with the mission of Sacred Heart Academy
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt, salaried position with benefits.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a current resume by January 15, 2018 to:
- Mrs. Betsy Moore
- Sacred Heart Academy 480 Bryn Mawr Avenue Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- Fax: 610-527-0942
Cindy Shay, Director of Athletics