Thank you for your interest in employment at SHA.
Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls. Founded in 1865 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the school has been lay-owned and governed since 1969. Sacred Heart has a strong tradition of excellence in education as envisioned by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat.
Sacred Heart Academy, is part of a national network of 24 independent schools located in North America which share a common heritage and vision. There are more than 120 Sacred Heart schools around the world providing an international campus for our students at Bryn Mawr through exchange programs, summer workshops, service opportunities and use of the Sofie Network.
For more than 150 years in Philadelphia, the goals of Sacred Heart’s educational program have remained the same: to produce self-confident women, to provide a challenging intellectual education, to develop a love of God, and to create a desire to help others. A holistic approach to learning seeks to respond to the academic, athletic, aesthetic, spiritual, social and emotional needs of each girl with a curriculum that is well grounded in basic and specialized courses.
The school is a Catholic school with a tradition of ecumenism, welcoming the enrichment that students and faculty of all faiths offer. By its religious education program, the school seeks to foster open-mindedness and reverence for differences.
In 1978, Sacred Heart moved from Overbrook to Bryn Mawr where it continues to root its academic program in the liberal arts and to empower young women to develop their potential as scholars and leaders.
Director of Enrollment Management
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Director will:
- Process the applicant’s required admissions materials and share them with the appropriate committees for evaluation.
- Work with the Director of Studies coordinating enrolled student files.
- Work with the business office with all enrollment logistics including contracts and deposits. Collaborate on changes to the enrollment contracts.
- Serve on the Advancement Committee for the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the financial aid process.
- Work closely with the Communications Director to develop a marketing strategy that relays Sacred Heart's mission to prospective parents and students.
- Organize and coordinate the parent and student ambassadors program in order to promote Sacred Heart to prospective families.
- Schedule all visits from prospective families, including student visits.
- Interview parents and students, and provide tours of the campus.
- Organize open houses throughout the school year.
- Represent Sacred Heart at school fairs.
- Act as a liaison to A Better Chance program.
- Coordinate the administering of the 6th and 9th grade scholarship/entrance exams and communicate the final decisions.
- Manage the re-enrollment process for current students for the succeeding year.
- Maintain attrition/retention records.
- Maintain the admissions database.
- Master’s degree in educational administration/curriculum, or a related field, preferred.
- Educational professional with at least five years’ experience teaching or administration.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Education Edge a plus.
- Exceptional administrative, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all constituencies, including administration, faculty, parents and students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced school environment.
- An educational philosophy consistent with the mission of Sacred Heart Academy.
Salary/Benefits:Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt, salaried position with benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Assistant to Head of School, Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair campus equipment. Equipment includes, but not limited to, boilers (steam and hot water), air handling units, VAV devices, pumps, hot water heaters, electrical panels, automatic doors, electrical actuators, vacuum pumps, fans, dehumidifiers/humidifiers, refrigeration equipment, air conditioners, kitchen equipment, lighting, generators, fire alarms, and water coolers.
- Assist in set-up / break-down for special events.
- Request and provide assistance from / to team members as needed.
- Provide rotating on-call and after hours coverage.
- Assist the mechanical and general maintenance crew.
- Assist the Facilities Department in the removal of snow on campus.
- Work as directed by the Facility Management.
- Remain up-to-date and informed as to current practices of job related functions.
- Display the necessary initiative and dependability to work alone or in groups.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Complete daily work orders and PM's. Turn in completed paperwork at the end of each shift worked.
- Ensure service slips, packing slips, and completed paperwork are filed at the Facilities office.
- Ensure that all work is being conducted in a safe and ethical manner. Complete daily safety inspections.
- Responsible for working in compliance with all OSHA, EPA, and other local, state, and federal government laws and regulations.
- Perform any additional duties to support Sacred Heart Academy as deemed necessary.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Be present and engaged Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Potential for overtime work on nights/weekends for special projects and events.
- This is an intermediate level position where advanced skills in one or more trades (H.V.A.C., plumbing or electrical) are mandatory and a working knowledge of at least one other trade is needed. This position can function independently or may lead small project teams.
- Able to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Must have basic computer knowledge to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be a collaborative team player.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Subject to MVR check.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to follow and apply safety rules and regulations for job assignments and equipment used.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use tools and equipment as required.
- Ability to complete computer-based safety training programs.
- Able to walk and stand for prolonged periods.
- Willing to be trained as required.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Finance, Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr
The position will be open until filled.
High School Varsity Golf Coach
2017 Fall Season
Start date: August 14,2017
End date: Week of Oct. 6,2017
Middle School Field Hockey Coaches
Varsity and JV to start the week of August 21, 2017
Contact Cindy Shay, Director of Athletics:
Cindy Shay, Director of Athletics
or call 610-527-3915