Lower School Handbook
A handbook is given to each family at the beginning of the school year with the calendar of events for Lower School. Below are some details for reference.
- Please notify the school office at 610-527-3915 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your child’s bus schedule or transportation.
- You may drop off and pick up your child at the Red Doors located by the School House Office.
- Detailed information regarding car line and bus line procedures will be on the school web site.
- The school hours for students are 8:25 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
- Students should be in their classrooms between 8:15 and 8:25 a.m. but may arrive any time after 8:00 a.m.
- Students arriving between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. will need to go to Early Arrival in the Kindergarten classroom.
- Students arriving after 8:30 a.m. will need to notify the School House secretary that they have arrived.
- Absence and lateness will be recorded on the report card.
- A faculty member will be on duty to assist children in and out of cars.
- Parking is not permitted in front of the Red Doors during arrival and dismissal. If you need to come into the building or assist your daughter with her car seat or seat belt, please park your car in the parking lot.
- Please be prompt when picking your child up at the end of the school day. If you arrive after 3:45 p.m. your daughter will be taken to Extended Day until you arrive. There will be a charge for this service.
- If your daughter has a sister in the middle or upper schools, please arrive for your children between 3:30 and 3:45 p.m. Your cooperation with this is appreciated.
- If your child is to be picked up by someone other than the person(s) listed on the school information sheet, please notify the school. Children will not be released from school with an unauthorized person unless we receive consent from a parent or guardian.
- Lower school students are not permitted to walk down to the lower parking lot by themselves.
- Lower School students are not permitted to join their sister(s) at athletic practices while waiting for transportation home from school.
- Requests for an early dismissal must be submitted to the classroom teacher in writing or through an email by 9:00 a.m. or by calling the school office. Early dismissals will be recorded on the report card.
Early Arrival/Extended Day
- Child care (early morning and after school) is available here at school for the children in the lower and middle schools. The program is under the direction of the school. Information regarding after school care is available on the school website.
- We ask your cooperation in making sure that all your child’s belongings: uniforms, sweaters, sweatshirts and pants, lunch kits, etc. are clearly marked with her complete name.
- Please see the Uniform Code information for detailed information.
- Your daughter should wear a white polo shirt or Sacred Heart T-shirt, gray, red or black shorts (no other colors are permitted), white gym socks, and sneakers (no “slides”) to school on the days she has gym.
- During the winter months your daughter may wear a sweatshirt and pants (black, gray, red) or a solid black, gray or red sweatshirt and pants for gym class. Black yoga pants may be worn. Capri pants and leggings may not be worn.
The items for the gym uniform can be purchased at school, beginning at the Red and Whitepicnic.
- Lower School students will need a white dress to wear to the Lily Procession (December) and the May Procession (May.)
- The style of dress is your choice.
- Snack will be served in the morning. The snack usually consists of crackers, pretzels, apples, yogurt, or cookies, and juice or water. If your daughter has special needs or an allergy to particular foods, please notify the school. Students are permitted to bring a snack from home.
- Students may either bring their lunch to school or use the lunch program. Juice, milk, snacks, and ice cream may be purchased in the lunchroom. Students in the lower school are not permitted to use the soda machine or to buy candy in the lunchroom. Students will be limited to purchasing a dessert, snack or "after school" snack, in addition to the entrée from the lunch program.
Schedule and Handbook
- The handbook contains information regarding school policies and the school year.
After School Clubs
- Club information will be available through the home folders.
- Contact the school: 610-527-3915
- Email: Beth Porter, email@example.com, Director of the Lower School