As part of a worldwide network of Sacred Heart schools, the Network Exchange program offers Middle and Upper School students the opportunity to visit another Sacred Heart school in the U.S. or choose from one of our international schools Network (US only) for two to three weeks. Students and families also have the opportunity to host a student from another Network school without the commitment of going on an exchange to another school.
To be considered for exchange, the student must have demonstrated responsibility and independence, the ability to mix well with other groups, have established a good rapport with her teachers and made a positive contribution to the SHA Bryn Mawr community. The exchange requires that students keep up with coursework from SHA. It very is important that the students stay in touch with their SHA teachers. The following are necessary criteria for 10th and 11th grade students to participate:
- Completion of the application by June 1st for consideration for the following academic year
- The student and her parents are required to schedule an interview with the Upper School Director during the summer to discuss the application
- The family must be open to host a student from a Sacred Heart network school
- A GPA of at least B+ and the endorsement of her teachers
- Upon return to her home school, the student and her parents may be asked to share their experiences during a school assembly, at the fall or winter Open House or a Network Exchange Information night to students and parents.
The exchange program is a wonderful opportunity to learn about other cultures, schools and families. It is an opportunity to learn more about other area in the Unites States and the worldwide Sacred Heart family. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask one of the Sacred Heart students who have been on exchange and contact Mrs. Theresa McCoy, Upper School Director, Theresa.McCoy@SHAbrynmawr.org or 610-527-3915, ext. 229.
Some recent exchanges were to San Francisco, CA; Princeton, NJ; Omaha, NE; Melbourne, Australia and Zaragoza Spain. We hosted students from Germany and Australia. This is a wonderful opportunity to discover another part of the world, make new friends and learn and appreciate another culture.