Sacred Heart Network Exchange Information
Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr is a member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools which unites 24 Sacred Heart Schools in the United States along with schools in 41 countries around the world. The Student Exchange Program gives each student enrolled in a Sacred Heart school the opportunity to spend two to three weeks in another school within the Network.
To be considered for exchange, the student must have demonstrated responsibility and independence, the ability to mix well with other groups, have established a good rapport with her teachers and made a positive contribution to the Sacred Heart community. The exchange requires that students keep up with coursework from Sacred Heart Academy. It very is important that the students stay in touch with their Sacred Heart teachers. The following are necessary criteria for 10th and 11th grade students to participate.
- Completion of the application by June 1st for consideration for the following academic year.
- The student and her parents are required to schedule an interview with the Upper School Director during the summer to discuss the application.
- The family must be open to host a student from a Sacred Heart Network School.
- A GPA of at least B+ and the endorsement of her teachers.
- Upon return to her home school, the student and her parents may be asked to share their experiences during a school assembly, at the fall or winter Open House or a Network Exchange Information night to students and parents.
The exchange program is a wonderful opportunity to learn about other cultures, schools and families. It is an opportunity to learn more about the world-wide Sacred Heart family. Consider it! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask one of the Sacred Heart students who have been on exchange or email or call Theresa McCoy, Upper School Director at email@example.com or 610-527-3915, ext. 229.