Pathway to Recovery Plan
2020-2021 Start of the School Year
Sacred Heart Academy was engaged in researching, evaluating and writing the school’s response to COVID-19. The plan was presented to the Faculty and Staff on July 30 and the Board of Trustees on August 3. The school created the Health and Safety Strategy committee.
The school’s plan aligns with the guidance issued but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Pennsylvania Department of Public Health (PDPH), the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the National Business Officers Association (NBOA) and the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS).
The plan is a dynamic document. The school continues to monitor and adhere to current and updated regulatory guidelines and recommendations, our plans and arrangements may change. We have framed our reopening plan to allow nimble and flexible action whenever necessary.
- Will my daughter need a mask for school?
- Where do I access the COVID-19 Screening Form?
- How will classrooms/learning spaces be organized?
- What are the lunch and/or snack procedures?
- Will parents or volunteers be allowed on campus?
- Where does SHA receive information from regarding planning and regulations for the 2020-21 school year?
- How will faculty and staff be trained on physical distancing and other safety protocols?
- Will there be extended day?
- What does my daughter wear to school on gym days?
- Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- What is the Community in Partnership Pledge?
Health and Safety Strategy Team Members
Deirdre V. Cryor, Head of School
Suzanne Robinson, Alumnae Relations, School Safety
Kimberley Trinacria, Middle School Director
Karin Kennedy, Database Administrator
Health and Safety
Jennifer Vincent, Director of Finance
Tammy Hart, BSN, RN, Director of Enrollment Management
Below are some articles you may find helpful in communicating with your daughter regarding the Coronavirus Crisis:
For questions or assistance, please contact:
Society of the Sacred Heart: Revealing God's Love in the Midst of Uncertainty
Saint Denis Church Facebook Page: 4:00 p.m. M-F Rosary, live on their Facebook page
Questions? We are here for you.
Head of School
Eileen Day (Grades 9-12)
Director of Upper School
Kimberley Trinacria (Grades 5-8)
Director of Middle School
Beth Porter (Grades K-4)
Director of Lower School
Ashley Fullen (Grades 9-12)
US Director of Counseling
Lauren Horowitz (Grades K-8)
Lower and Middle School Counselor Lauren.Horowitz@SHAbrynmawr.org
Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource, National Association of School Psychologists