Thank you for your interest in employment at SHA.
Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls. Founded in 1865 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the school has been lay-owned and governed since 1969. Sacred Heart has a strong tradition of excellence in education as envisioned by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat.
Sacred Heart Academy, known as SHA, is part of a national network of 24 independent schools located in North America which share a common heritage and vision. There are more than 140 Sacred Heart schools around the world providing an international campus for our students at Bryn Mawr through exchange programs, summer workshops, service opportunities and use of the Sofie Network.
For more than 150 years in Philadelphia, the goals of Sacred Heart’s educational program have remained the same: to produce self-confident women, to provide a challenging intellectual education, to develop a love of God, and to create a desire to help others. A holistic approach to learning seeks to respond to the academic, athletic, aesthetic, spiritual, social and emotional needs of each girl with a curriculum that is well grounded in basic and specialized courses.
Sacred Heart is a Catholic school with a tradition of ecumenism, welcoming the enrichment that students and faculty of all faiths offer. By its religious education program, the school seeks to foster open-mindedness and reverence for differences. In 1978, Sacred Heart moved from Overbrook to Bryn Mawr where it continues to root its academic program in the liberal arts and to empower young women to develop their potential as scholars and leaders.
We currently have the following position(s) open for consideration:
Lower School, Middle School Counselor
Sacred Heart Academy seeks a School Counselor for the Lower and Middle Schools, grades kindergarten-eighth grade. The Counselor works closely with the directors of the Lower School, Middle School as well as the Director of Academics.
- Provide social and emotional support for student growth both individually and in group settings
- Develop and implement action plans to support student needs in collaboration with student team of family and teachers
- Implement proactive measures to support the personal, social and academic needs of students
- Coordinate counseling activities between lower and middle schools
- Maintain congruency for a comprehensive counseling curriculum kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Create and teach developmentally appropriate lessons kindergarten through eighth grade relevant to the needs of population
- Assist middle school students who have been absent from school for a length of time
- Preserve confidentiality for students and families.
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Support and promote the mission of the school, embracing the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education
- A Master’s degree in school counseling or equivalent
- Relevant experience as a school counselor or a similar position
- An appreciation for working in an all-girls, Catholic school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Completion of background clearances
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Deirdre Cryor, Head of School, Sacred Heart Academy, email@example.com. Mailing address: 480 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
High School JV Field Hockey Coach for August, 2019
Cindy Shay, Athletic Director