Thank you for your interest in employment at SHA.
Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls. Founded in 1865 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the school has been lay-owned and governed since 1969. Sacred Heart has a strong tradition of excellence in education as envisioned by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat.
Sacred Heart Academy, known as SHA, is part of a national network of 24 independent schools located in North America which share a common heritage and vision. There are more than 120 Sacred Heart schools around the world providing an international campus for our students at Bryn Mawr through exchange programs, summer workshops, service opportunities and use of the Sofie Network.
For more than 150 years in Philadelphia, the goals of Sacred Heart’s educational program have remained the same: to produce self-confident women, to provide a challenging intellectual education, to develop a love of God, and to create a desire to help others. A holistic approach to learning seeks to respond to the academic, athletic, aesthetic, spiritual, social and emotional needs of each girl with a curriculum that is well grounded in basic and specialized courses.
Sacred Heart is a Catholic school with a tradition of ecumenism, welcoming the enrichment that students and faculty of all faiths offer. By its religious education program, the school seeks to foster open-mindedness and reverence for differences. In 1978, Sacred Heart moved from Overbrook to Bryn Mawr where it continues to root its academic program in the liberal arts and to empower young women to develop their potential as scholars and leaders.
We currently have the following position(s) open for consideration:
High School Varsity and JV Lacrosse Coaches
Start date Monday, March 5
Practice times are Monday-Friday from 3:30-6:00
Director of Athletics
Alumnae and Annual Fund Manager
Alumnae and Annual Fund Manager
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement
- Work closely with the Alumnae Association Board of Directors, arranging its meetings, staffing its committees and ensuring strong and productive relationships between its members and the academic and administrative leadership
- Plan, implement and promote alumnae programs that support the Sacred Heart Academy’s strategic plan as well as the fundraising goals of the Office of Advancement
- Maintain regular communication with alumnae via direct contact, email blasts, alumnae web pages, and print publications
- Educate graduating students about alumnae benefits and engage them in programs
- Partner with Director of Admissions to spearhead the introduction of alumnae involvement in the admissions process
- Routinely identify and qualify alumnae prospects for gifts
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumnae Relations
- Raise funds for select special projects and events in collaboration with Advancement colleagues
- Consults with the Director of Advancement to strategize annual campaign fundraising efforts
- Development annual timeline for the Annual Fund campaign
- Provides organization, production and maintenance of annual campaign materials and data, coordination of all special event committees and volunteers
- Oversees timely donor acknowledgements, including thank you letters
- Oversees record keeping/files/correspondence for all major annual donors.
- Oversee/report monthly status of annual campaign
- Oversees creation of the Annual Report
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years in an equivalent role
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Program/project management experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A highly organized, detailed-oriented, and self-directed mindset
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills
- Strong project management skills
Interested candidates should send a letter and resume to:
Mrs. Betsy Moore, Assistant to the Head of School
Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2018