Go on advancing, you are on the true road. Remember, it is not you who have taken it but God who has placed you there. Walk trustfully and may nothing in the world be able to dishearten you. Give your heart, once and for all, to love and trust.
- St. Madeleine Sophie Barat
- What is the expected timeline of the search process?
- When will the new Head of School officially start?
- How much latitude will the new Head of School have in implementing SHA's Strategic Long Range Plan?
- What will Miss Cryor's role be throughout the search process and after the new Head of School is appointed?
- What is the Board's role?
- What is the Board’s search criteria in looking for a new Head of School?
- Will both internal and external candidates be considered for the role?
- How can someone participate in the process?
Head of School Search Committee
The Head of School Search Committee will be primarily responsible for working with the search firm, obtaining input from the parents, alumnae, faculty, staff and the administration, developing an ideal candidate profile, assessing qualifications and suitability of prospective candidates and interviewing candidates.
Mary Locke Cavallaro ‘86, P’22
Chair, Head of School Search Committee
- Melanie McMenamin ‘93, P’26
- Betsy Gordon P’24
- Margaret Strom, RSCJ
- Ronald A. Algeo P’19, ‘21
Advisory Committee Members:
- Vic D'Ascenzo, Director of Institutional Advancement
- Nicole Thomas, P’31 and Parents' Association Co-President
- Nancy Franz ’88, P’17, P’19, P’21, Former President of Alumnae Association and Former Trustee
- Tammy Hart, P’23, Former Mothers' Association President and Director of Enrollment Management
- Mary Horstmann ’00
- Michele Jeffries ’97, P’27, Lower School Teacher
- Tia Plummer ’01, Former Trustee
- Joanie Milhous ’87, Former Trustee
- Suzanne Robinson ’76, P’06, Former Middle School Director and Alumnae/Annual Fund Coordinator
- Marian Rosario ’16, Alumnae Association Board and DEI Coordinator
- Cara Saraco, Director of Academics
- Zach Schuler, Middle & Upper School Teacher and SHOOPs Coach
- Bridget Thompson ’02, P’33 Alumnae Association President and Trustee
- Jennifer Vincent, Director of Finance