Sacred Heart Academy educates college-bound women by cultivating their self-confidence, guiding them to realize their personal and scholastic potential and their responsibility to others, and by preparing them to meet life’s challenges - all within an academic and religiously diverse community that focuses on spiritual values and the individual student.
As a member of a Network of Sacred Heart Schools, Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr commits itself to educate to:
- a personal and active faith in God;
- a deep respect for intellectual values;
- a social awareness which impels to action;
- the building of community as a Christian value; and
- personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
The Five Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education unify us with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools.
Independent but never isolated, every Sacred Heart school needs to feel the strength of belonging to a larger whole, of sharing principles, broad purposes, hopes and ambitions.
- Preamble to the Goals and Criteria, 1975