Villanova University Dual-Enrollment
- SHA students earn three college credits and elective credit at SHA. Students receive a transcript from Villanova and in most cases, these credits will transfer to other colleges or universities.
- SHA students have access to a wide variety of courses that greatly expands the course offerings of SHA. Courses are available from the entire College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, as well as select classes in the College of Engineering and the College of Business.
- Because SHA offers a rigorous college preparatory program, students enrolled in the Villanova classes find themselves well prepared for the workload, and graduate with greater confidence in their college journey.
- Students become familiar with a college campus and interact with a diverse group of students.
- Students gain an advantage on their transcripts and college applications. Villanova University courses will be weighted the same as Advanced Placement (AP) classes on SHA transcripts.
- SHA administrators look to create similar agreements and programs with other local colleges.
To qualify, SHA students must have a 3.5 GPA or above. Students must first submit an application to SHA and if approved, submit a separate application to Villanova’s College of Professional Studies. Students may take one class per semester which meets after SHA school hours. Students use their study hall time to work on their Villanova classwork. Families are solely responsible for all tuition and fees, which is billed through Villanova University.