Villanova University Partnership
Sacred Heart Academy and Villanova University
Sacred Heart Academy seniors will have the opportunity to take classes at Villanova University. Currently, Villanova has this exclusive type of arrangement with just two local schools, Devon Prep and SHA. This partnership is a testament to the strength of Sacred Heart Academy’s academic program.
- Students will earn elective credit at SHA, and 3 college credits per semester. They will receive a transcript from Villanova, and in most cases, these credits will transfer to any other college or university.
- Students will have access to a wide variety of courses to choose from that greatly expands the course offerings of SHA. This includes the entire College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, as well as possible select classes in the College of Engineering and the College of Business.
- Because SHA offers a rigorous college preparatory program, students who take these classes will find themselves well-prepared for the workload, and will graduate with even more confidence going into college.
- Students will become familiar with a college campus and interact with a diverse group of students.
- Students will gain an advantage on their transcripts and college applications. Villanova courses will be weighted the same as an AP class.
- For now, this partnership is only with Villanova, but we are looking to expand to create similar agreements with other local colleges.
- Students must have a 3.5 GPA or above to apply.
- Students who are interested will need to submit an application to SHA first. SHA will screen applicants and recommend the most qualified students to Villanova. Selected students will then need to submit a separate application to Villanova’s College of Professional Studies.
- Students may take 1 class per semester, and the class must meet after school hours. Students will have a study hall in their senior year SHA schedule which will allow them to work on their Villanova classwork.
- Families are solely responsible for all tuition and fees and will be billed through Villanova.
For more information about the Villanova University/Sacred Heart Academy partnership, please contact Dr. Cara Saraco, Director of Academics with any questions about this program at cara.saraco@SHABrynMawr.org or 610-527-3915 ext. 224.