Upper School Network Exchange
Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr is a proud member of the International Network of Sacred Heart Schools which unites 24 Sacred Heart Schools in the United States and Canada and schools in 41 countries around the world. The Network student exchange program gives each student enrolled in a Sacred Heart school the opportunity to spend two or three weeks in another school within the Network.
To be considered for a domestic or international exchange, the student must have demonstrated responsibility and independence, the ability to mix well with other groups, have established a good rapport with her teachers and made a positive contribution to the SHA Bryn Mawr community. The exchange requires that students keep up with coursework from Sacred Heart Academy. It very is important that the students stay in touch with their SHA teachers.
The following are necessary criteria for 10th grade students to participate:
- Completion of the application by March for consideration for the following academic year.
- The student and her parents are required to schedule an interview with the Upper School Director during the summer to discuss the application.
- The family must be open to host a student from a Sacred Heart Network School.
- A GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Upon return to her home school, the student and her parents may be asked to share their experiences during a school assembly, or at the fall or winter Open House.
The exchange program is a wonderful opportunity to learn about other cultures, schools and families. It is an opportunity to learn more about the world-wide Sacred Heart family. Consider it!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask one of the Sacred Heart students who have been on exchange and contact Ms. Tricia Heeney, Exchange Coordinator by email at email@example.com.
Some recent exchanges were to:
San Francisco, CA
Presentations by Former Exchange Students
|Network Exchange Applications Due||March|
|Exchange Team Meeting to Review Applications||March-April|
Exchange Advisor will Initiate and Maintain Contact
|Meet with Student to Discuss Placement Progress||When Information is available. (Early Fall)|